Wednesday 7 October 2009

Bloc Party, Aberdeen Music Hall, October 2009 Gig Review

MY GOD!!!
Last night's performance was a million miles away from the previous time that I saw Bloc Party in Aberdeen. Given that the show last time was dampened by the actions of one idiot who was hopefully pummeled by anyone near him/her, I still enjoyed the show the last time but felt it missed spark from the band.

This time round actually blew me away. Kele and the guys were on top form and even had Kele sporting a new haircut, which looked rather dapper may I add. The band wowed the crowd with songs old and new and really interacted with the crowd.

It could be felt by me and I'm sure the whole crowd that the band were enjoying themselves which was reinforced by the fact that they came back to perform a second encore. That's right. Not one but TWOOOO encores. Finshing an astounding night with "She's hearing voices" and also Kele climbing the balcony and going for a swift jog around them before climbing back down to finish the song.

Best Moment's during that gig for me were:

1. Kele using some crazy voice warper on the "Lies Lies Lies" section of "One Month Off".

2. The Pioneers, Ares and She's Hearing Voices.

3. Matt's pants dance.

4. The Balcony Run.

I'm not lying when I say that this is one of the best gigs that I have been to ever and I shall most definitely be getting tickets next time round.


Don't stay away too long guys because Aberdeen Loves you.

Thanks Bloc Party

No comments:

Post a Comment