Wednesday 30 September 2009

MAG beta

I am pleased to say that I was invited into the MAG beta for the PS3.


About MAG

The game will utilize a new server architecture[5] to support online battles with up to 256 players, with users divided into 8-player squads, with 4 squads forming a platoon, and 4 platoons forming a company.[6][7] Each squad will be led by a player who has advanced through the game's ranking system.[6] Character statistics and development will also increase with frequent gameplay.[8] The players most advanced in rank will be able to either direct the battle or participate directly in combat.[3]

First in-game screenshot (from internal play sessions)

Basic battles will take place within ongoing, faction-based campaigns to encourage the player to actively play.[6][9] The game's E3 unveiling trailer featured large landscapes, tactics such as air strikes and parachuting, and a variety of vehicles, from tanks and APCs to airplanes.[6][9]




First Impressions

This game seems to be pretty good and for having over 200 players, I have yet to experience any in game lag at all.

Graphics are okay but nothing that really makes me go ooooooh. Playing this game I have to keep saying in my head not to compare it to Modern Warfare 2, but to be honest I find it hard not to as it set the bar so high for online FPS. This game does have amazing online capabilities due to the fact that it can cope with up to 256 players in one game.

My gripes with the game so far are that it seems that you can't see a player at a distance but you can when you hover past them with your sight as a big red X and the player's name appear in front of you making it very easy to get killed from a long distance.

I think that all round the game is not too bad but it has a few things that I personally would change.

Perhaps that's what happens when you are a Modern Warfare fanboy....

No comments:

Post a Comment