Tuesday 29 September 2009

Fifa 2010 vs PES 2010 *DEMO REVIEW ONLY*

There comes a time every year where nearly every football fan who owns a games console has one of the toughest decisions of his life, that is until now.

Every year EA and Konami battle it out to become the best football simulation game on the market and with PES dominating that market up until last year where FIFA 09 came a very close contender if not pipping PES to the title.

This year however is compeltely different. For me based on the two demo's being played on a PS3, I have to conclude that FIFA is a clear winner this year by miles.

Here's a rundown of my reasons why featuring the pro's and con's of each demo.

FIFA 10




pro's

  • Full 360 degree dribbling.
  • Licensed players and teams.
  • One Touch passing improvement on last year.
  • Player response time improved to near perfection
  • Graphics are stunning
  • Player AI is intelligent and feels just like a real person.
con's

  • Keepers AI can sometimes be a bit stupid.
  • ........
  • ........
  • It's very hard to find a fault with this demo.

PES 2010




pro's

  • Still the slick PES movement from the previous games with very little in the way of change.

con's

  • Player's faces are nowhere near a match for FIFA
  • Graphics feel somewhat dated.
  • Through ball's are still terrible.
  • Very little in the way of licensed team's/player's

Please remember that these are only based on the DEMO version of the games and may not reflect the final product once released.

For me this year I reckon I'll still buy both as most of my friends are PES fanboys and I enjoy playing them online. IF the PES version of online play is more stable than last years, but I will probably be found playing Fifa more on my own.


What will you choose?

Release Dates:

Fifa 10-October 2 2009
PES 2010-October 22 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment